What will Connecting Ireland mean for Cork?
• Enhanced interurban bus services between Cork City and Limerick, Galway, Killarney, Tralee, Dungarvan and Waterford.
• New interurban bus service between Skibbereen via Bantry and Killarney.
• New interurban bus service between Mallow via Fermoy and Dungarvan.
• New local bus services in West Cork, to Dursey Cable Car, Kilcrohane, Mizen Head, Castletownshend and Union Hall.
• Enhanced local bus services in East Cork, from Trabolgan, Ballycotton, Ladysbridge and Mogeely to Midleton, co-ordinated with rail services at Midleton to Cork.
• New local bus service between Mitchelstown and Mallow, Bweeng, Boherbue and Freemount.
Local Link provides a combination of scheduled Public Transport services and door-to-door services.
Door to door services should be pre-booked with the Local Link office closest to the service you wish to use.
- To provide safe accessible rural community transport in Cork prioritising Older People, Youth and People with Disabilities
- To provide a mechanism for enhanced co ordination of existing transport services
To develop a social enterprise where Community Transport is provided and delivered more efficiently and cost effectively at a local level.