TFI Local Link bus services connect communities throughout rural Ireland as part of the TFI Public Transport Network.
TFI Local Link bus services are affordable and available for anyone wishing to travel to or from their local town or village. TFI Local Link operate two different types of service:
Regular Rural Bus Services
Door-to-Door Bus Services.
What will Connecting Ireland mean for Cork?
• Enhanced interurban bus services between Cork City and Limerick, Galway, Killarney, Tralee, Dungarvan and Waterford.
• New interurban bus service between Skibbereen via Bantry and Killarney.
• New interurban bus service between Mallow via Fermoy and Dungarvan.
• New local bus services in West Cork, to Dursey Cable Car, Kilcrohane, Mizen Head, Castletownshend and Union Hall.
• Enhanced local bus services in East Cork, from Trabolgan, Ballycotton, Ladysbridge and Mogeely to Midleton, co-ordinated with rail services at Midleton to Cork.
• New local bus service between Mitchelstown and Mallow, Bweeng, Boherbue and Freemount.
Local Link provides a combination of scheduled Public Transport services and door-to-door services.
Door to door services should be pre-booked with the Local Link office closest to the service you wish to use.
- To provide safe accessible rural community transport in Cork prioritising Older People, Youth and People with Disabilities
- To provide a mechanism for enhanced co ordination of existing transport services
To develop a social enterprise where Community Transport is provided and delivered more efficiently and cost effectively at a local level.